Friday, June 5, 2009

New Developments on the Health Frontier

Today is blog day for Dave Kenika Kuwada and I’m here to update you on the recent developments of the health care department of UNGANA. Well since last week I’ve been busy setting up meetings, going to meetings, and researching sources for more meetings… Exciting? I think you would be surprised. In all this excitement I’ve been developing a close relationship with our friends over at the University of Goma medical school in neighboring DRC, and it is flourishing. I work closely with an anesthesiologist named John who I met at a medical conference last week, which I mentioned in my last blog. We have been working on creating a list of supplies, equipment, and drugs to send out to suppliers and anyone who can and will donate to the ever-pressing cause. Also, on our agenda is the establishment of nurse seminars and healthcare socials for late July.

Sir Coy Whittier – our Communications Associate, his aunt, and myself have also been looking into partnering up with the Rotary Clubs here in Rwanda and back at home in SLC to see what kind of projects we can collaborate on. The process is slow, but I have high hopes. Coy will be attending an OLPC conference at the end of the week and will be in the capitol so he will be dropping in on some of these Rotary Club meetings. All we can do now is hope for the best.

Well this is Dave sending his love from Afreka once again and as usual I’ll be back next week…..


Dave Kuwada
Health Care Associate

No comments: